Re: cephfs file block size: must it be so big?

Bryan Henderson <bryanh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In some NFS experiments of mine, the blocksize reported by 'stat' appears to
> be controlled by the rsize and wsize mount options.  Without such options, in
> the one case I tried, Linux 4.9, blocksize was 32K.  Maybe it's affected by
> the server or by the filesystem the NFS server is serving.  This was NFS 3.

NFS servers provide both a maximum and a preferred read/write size
which should be used by default by an NFS client. 1M is common default
for the preferred size for modern NFS servers.
That value (if not overriden) should then show up as block size in the
file system

Paul