Re: Correlate Ceph kernel module version with Ceph version

CRUSH map tunables support within the kernel is documented here [1]
and RBD feature support within the kernel is documented here [2].

[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/crush-map/?highlight=tunables#tunables
[2] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-config-ref/#rbd-features
On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 2:38 PM Paul Emmerich <paul.emmerich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's unfortunately not as easy as mapping the kernel version to a
> specific Ceph release.
>
> The kernel implementation is completely separate from the normal user
> space implementation, so you have to check for individual features and
> check when they have been implemented.
>

> Paul
>

> Paul
>
> --
> Paul Emmerich
>
> Looking for help with your Ceph cluster? Contact us at https://croit.io
>
> croit GmbH
> Freseniusstr. 31h
> 81247 München
> www.croit.io
> Tel: +49 89 1896585 90
>
> Am Fr., 14. Dez. 2018 um 10:41 Uhr schrieb Martin Palma <martin@xxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > maybe a dump question but is there a way to correlate the ceph kernel
> > module version with a ceph specific version? For example can I figure
> > this out using "modinfo ceph"?
> >
> > Whats the best way to check if a specific client is running at least
> > at Luminous?
> >
> > Best,
> > Martin

Jason