Re: 12.2.10 rbd kernel mount issue after update

Hello,

As mentioned earlier the cluster is seperatly running on the latest mimic.

Due to 14.04 only supporting up to Luminous I was running the 12.2.9 version of ceph-common for the rbd binary.

This is what was upgraded when I did the dist-upgrade on the VM mounting the RBD.

The cluster it self has not changed and has always been running the latest point release on mimic.

All that changed was the move of ceph-common and dependencies on the mounting VM.

12.2.9 + 4.12 Kernel was able to mount a Mimic EC backed RBD via KRBD, since 12.2.10 I now get the error.

So to me looks like there was a client side change from .9 to .10 as no change cluster side.

,Ashley

On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 1:33 AM, Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 3:48 PM Ashley Merrick <singapore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have had some ec backed Mimic RBD's mounted via the kernel module on a Ubuntu 14.04 VM, these have been running no issues after updating the kernel to 4.12 to support EC features.
>
> Today I run an apt dist-upgrade which upgraded from 12.2.9 to 12.2.10, since then I have been getting the following line in the syslog and had to role back to using rbd-nbd for the moment which continues to work fine.

Hi Ashley,

Are you sure that the release you upgraded from was 12.2.9?

What upgrade procedure did you follow?

> Not sure if there is a change in 12.2.10 that this is expected with a non mimic kernel client such as Luminous.
>
> Error in VM syslog:
>
> feature set mismatch, my 40107b86a842ada < server's 60107b86aa42ada, missing 200000000200000
> libceph: mon2 :6789 missing required protocol features

These are standard luminous feature bits.  It looks like your cluster
didn't require them before the upgrade and now it does.  12.2.10 should
continue to work 4.12 and any older kernel, as long as nothing luminous
only is enabled.

What is the output of "ceph osd get-require-min-compat-client"?

Thanks,

                Ilya