Re: RGW Swift metadata dropped when S3 bucket versioning enabled

On 05/12/2018 17:35, Maxime Guyot wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> Thanks for the help. I did further testing and narrowed it down to
> objects that have been uploaded when the bucket has versioning enabled.
> Objects created before that are not affected: all metadata operations
> are still possible.
>
> Here is a simple way to reproduce
> this: http://paste.openstack.org/show/736713/ ;
> And here is the snippet to easily turn on/off S3 versioning on a given
> bucket: https://gist.github.com/Miouge1/b8ae19b71411655154e74e609b61f24e ;
>
> Cheers,
> Maxime

All right, by my reckoning this would very much look like a bug then.
You probably want to chuck an issue for this into
https://tracker.ceph.com/projects/rgw.

Out of curiosity, are you also seeing Swift metadata getting borked when
you're enabling *Swift* versioning? (Wholly different animal, I know,
but still worth taking a look I think.)

Cheers
Florian