Re: Raw space usage in Ceph with Bluestore

Hi Jody,

yes, this is a known issue.

Indeed, currently 'ceph df detail' reports raw space usage in GLOBAL section and 'logical' in the POOLS one. While logical one has some flaws.

There is a pending PR targeted to Nautilus to fix that:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/19454

If you want to do an analysis at exactly per-pool level this PR is the only mean AFAIK.

If per-cluster stats are fine then you can also inspect corresponding OSD performance counters and sum over all OSDs to get per-cluster info.

This is the most precise but quite inconvenient method for low-level per-osd space analysis.

 "bluestore": {

       "bluestore_allocated": 655360, # space allocated at BlueStore for the specific OSD
        "bluestore_stored": 34768,  # amount of data stored at BlueStore for the specific OSD

Please note, that aggregate numbers built from these parameters include all the replication/EC overhead.  And bluestore_stored vs. bluestore_allocated difference is due to allocation overhead and/or applied compression.

Thanks,

Igor