Re: How you handle failing/slow disks?

Sorry for hijacking a thread but do you have an idea of what to watch for:

I monitor admin sockets of osds and occasionally I see a burst of both op_w_process_latency and op_w_latency to near 150 - 200 ms on 7200 SAS enterprise drives.
For example load average on the node jumps up with idle 97 % CPU and I see that out of 12 OSDs probably have latency of op_w_latency 170 - 180 ms and 3 more have latency of ~ 120 - 130 ms and the rest 100 ms or below. Does it say anything regarding possible drive failure (I am running drives inside of Dell PowerVault MD3400 and the storage unit shows them all green OK)? Unfortunately, smartmon outside of box tells me nothing other then health is OK.

High load usually corresponds with when the op_w_latency affects multiple OSDs (4 or more) at the same time.