Ceph Bluestore : Deep Scrubbing vs Checksums

Hello dear ceph users:

We are running a ceph cluster with Luminous (BlueStore). As you may know this new  ceph version has a new feature called "Checksums".  I would like to ask if this feature replace to deep-scrub. In our cluster, we run deep-scrub ever month however the impact in the performance is high.

Source:  ceph's documentation:

Checksums

BlueStore calculates, stores, and verifies checksums for all data and metadata it stores. Any time data is read off of disk, a checksum is used to verify the data is correct before it is exposed to any other part of the system (or the user).

Sincerely,

Eddy Castillon
+51 934121504
eddy.castillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx