Re: read performance, separate client CRUSH maps or limit osd read access from each client

Yes. Using GlusterFS now.
But Ceph has best write replication which I am struggling to make gluster guys implement.

If this read replica pick issue could be fixed ceph could be a good cloud fs not just local network RAID.