From: Gesiel Galvão Bernardes [mailto:gesiel.bernardes@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: zondag 18 november 2018 0:03
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Use SSDs for metadata or for a pool cache?

Hello,
I am building a new cluster with 4 hosts, which have the following
configuration:

128Gb RAM
12 HDs SATA 8TB 7.2k rpm
2 SSDs 240Gb
2x10GB Network

I will use the cluster to store RBD images of VMs, I thought to use with
2x replica, if it does not get too slow.

My question is: Using bluestore (default since Luminous, right?), should
I use the SSDs as a "cache pool" or use the SSDs to store the bluestore
metadata? Or could I use 1 SSD for metadata and another for a "cache
pool"?

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Gesiel