Re: cephfs nfs-ganesha rados_cluster

Thanks Jeff for taking the trouble to respond and your willingness to help

Here are some questions:

- Apparently rados_cluster is gone in 2.8.  There is "fs" and 'fs_ng' now
  However, I was not able to find a config depicting usage
  Would you be able to share your working one  ?

- how would one interpret the output of ganesha-rados-grace ?
( what NE and E means and what are the actions one should take when they see it )

- how would one check whether active/active is working properly ( i.e both nfs servers are being used )

I was able to get active passive working using rados_ng and pacemaker
Is there anything pacemaker specific that has to be done to get active-active working ( assuming , of course , ganesha is configured properly?

many thanks
Steven

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 06:53, Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to setup an active active ( or even active passive) NFS share for a while without any success
>
> Using Mimic 13.2.2 and nfs-ganesha 2.8 with rados_cluster as recovery mechanism
>
> I focused on corosync/pacemaker as a HA controlling software but I would not mind using anything else
>
> Has any of you managed to get this working ?
> If yes, could you please provide some detail / instructions / resources / configuration ?

I've gotten it working, but I wrote most of the code so that shouldn't
be too surprising. The docs are still pretty sketchy at this point, but
most of the info is distilled into the sample config file and the
ganesha-rados-grace manpage.

Writing a real howto is on my to-do list but I'm not sure when I'll get
to it. If you have specific questions, I'm happy to try and answer them
though.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>