Automated Deep Scrub always inconsistent

Have in the past few days noticed that every single automated deep scrub comes back as inconsistent, once I run a manual deep-scrub it finishes fine and the PG is marked as clean.

I am running the latest mimic but have noticed someone else under luminous is facing the same issue : http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2018-November/031166.html

I don't believe this is any form of hardware failure as every time it is different OSD's and every time a manual started deep-scrub finishes without issue.

Is there something that was released in the most recent mimic and luminous patches that could be linked to this? Is it somehow linked with the main issue with the 12.2.9 release?