Re: Recover files from cephfs data pool

What kind of damage have you had? Maybe it is worth trying to get MDS to start and backup valuable data instead of doing long running recovery?

On 6.11.2018, at 02:59, Rhian Resnick <xantho@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds like I get to have some fun tonight.

inode linkage (i.e. folder hierarchy) and file names are stored in omap data of objects in metadata pool. You can write a script that would traverse through all the metadata pool to find out file names correspond to objects in data pool and fetch required files via 'rados get' command.