EC Metadata Pool Storage

Hello,

I have a small EC Pool I am using with RBD to store a bunch of large files attached to some VM's for personal storage use.

Currently I have the EC Meta Data Pool on some SSD's, I have noticed even though the EC Pool has TB's of data in the metadata pool is only in the 2MB Range.

My question is would the EC performance benefit from the metadata being on NVME (I am guessing the I/O is lots of tiny read's and writes), or is the performance required for the metadata pool tiny and does not yield any real benefit from different underlying storage (SATA/SSD/NVME)

Thanks