Re: RGW stale buckets

When you run rgw it creates a ton of pools, so one of the other pools
were holding the indexes of what buckets there are, and the actual
data is what got stored in default.rgw.data (or whatever name it had),
so that cleanup was not complete and this is what causes your issues,
I'd say.

How to move from here depends on how much work/data you have put into
the badly-cleaned-pools and if you can redo the last part again after
a good clean restart.