Re: Mimic and Debian 9

John Spray <jspray@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Apologies if this has been asked before, but how are you building
> these, some third party compiler backport?  If there isn't anything
> too hacky involved in the build perhaps your packages could simply be
> the official ones?

There are two problems:

1. The build system is somewhat hacky, this is the script used to prepare it:

echo 'deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free
contrib' >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo 'APT::Default-Release "stable";' > /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/stable-as-default
apt-get update
apt-get install -y g++ libc6-dbg libc6 -t testing
apt-get install -y git build-essential cmake

2. The binaries (and .deb packages) then depend on libc6 in a version
newer than the one found in stretch; so our repository also contains
newer libc packages.
This might be a problem -- hence the warning at the end of our blog
post. It works well enough for us because we provide the whole image
and we test the whole software stack together.

There should be nothing that really needs a new libc in there, so this
could probably be fixed (but I don't know how).

Paul