Re: cephfs set quota without mount

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 9:55 AM Felix Stolte <f.stolte@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I use nfs-ganesha to export cephfs to nfs. nfs-ganesha can talk to
> cephfs via libcephfs so there is no need for mounting cephfs manually. I
> also like to use directory quotas from cephfs. Anyone knows a way to set
> quota on directories without the need to mount it first?
>
> I was thinking about an admin socket, but the mds does not seem to offer
> this functionality.

This kind of thing would be a use case for the new (not yet released)
"cephfs-shell" command line tool[1]

I don't think it has support for xattrs yet though -- if anyone wanted
to add that it would be a pretty simple thing to do, or even better,
add explicit quota commands that save the user from knowing the xattr
naming.

Cheers,
John

1. http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/cephfs/cephfs-shell/