Best version and SO for CefhFS

Hello,

I'm trying to create a simple cluster to archieve HA on a webpage:
  • Three nodes with MDS, OSD, MON, y MGR
  • Replication factor of three (one copy on every node)
  • Two active and a backup MDS to allow a fail of one server
  • CephFS mounted using kernel driver
  • One disk by node of less than 500GB
I've already tested other solutions like EFS, GlusterFS, NFS Master-Slave, and all are slower than CephFS or don't have HA (NFS).
For now I've got a lot of troubles with FS (all MDS related), like high memory consumption caused by memory leaks (12.2.4), slow MDS requests after update and after a few hours (12.2.8, resolved restarting the MDS)... and for now I had to remove the entire cluster and mount a DRBD cluster (wich is not as good as Ceph and don't have HA).

With all this problems my questions are:
  • Wich is the best free OS to create an small cluster?. For now i've used only debian based (Debian 9 and Ubuntu 16.04).
  • Wich is the vest Ceph version?. Maybe the 10.2.10 is more stable?
  • Wich is the best configuration to avoid that MDS problems.
Our servers have 8GB of RAM, but is shared with other daemons that uses about 4GB.

Thanks!