Re: Some questions concerning filestore --> bluestore migration

FWIW, here are values I measured directly from the RocksDB SST files under different small write workloads (ie the ones where you'd expect a larger DB footprint):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ews2WR-y5k3TMToAm0ZDsm7Gf_fwvyFw/view?usp=sharing

These tests were only with 256GB of data written to a single OSD, so there's no guarantee that it will scale linearly up to 10TB (specifically it's possible that much larger RocksDB databases could have higher space amplification).  Also note that the RGW numbers could be very dependent on the client workload and are not likely universally representative.

Also remember that if you run out of space on your DB partitions you'll just end up putting higher rocksdb levels on the block device.  Slower to be sure, but not necessarily worse than filestore's behavior (especially in the RGW case, where the large object counts will cause PG directory splitting chaos).

Mark