Re: RBD Mirror Question

Hello Vikas,

Could you please provide us which Commands you have uses to Setup rbd-mirror?

Would be Great if you could Provide a short howto :)

Thanks in advise
- Mehmet

Am 2. Oktober 2018 22:47:08 MESZ schrieb Vikas Rana <vikasrana3@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

We have a CEPH 3 node cluster at primary site. We created a RBD image and the image has about 100TB of data.

Now we installed another 3 node cluster on secondary site. We want to replicate the image at primary site to this new cluster on secondary site.

As per documentation, we enabled journaling on primary site. We followed all the procedure and peering looks good but the image is not copying.
The status is always showing down.

So my question is, is it possible to replicate a image which already have some data before enabling journalling?

We are using the image mirroring instead of pool mirroring. Do we need to create the RBD image on secondary site? As per documentation, its not required.

Is there any other option to copy the image to the remote site?

Thanks,
-Vikas