From: "Jan Fajerski" <jfajerski@xxxxxxxx>
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:22:47 AM
Subject: Re:  Cluster Security

Hi,
if you want to isolate your HV from ceph's public network a gateway would do
that (like iscsi gateway). Note however that this will also add an extra network
hop and a potential bottleneck since all client traffic has to pass through the
gateway node(s).

HTH,
Jan

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 01:05:06PM +0200, Florian Florensa wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I am currently working on the design of a ceph cluster, and i was
>asking myself some question regarding the security of the cluster.
>(Cluster should be deployed using Luminous on Ubuntu 16.04)
>
>Technically, we would have HVs exploiting the block storage, but we
>are in a position where we can't trust the VM that is running, thus,
>the HV can eventually get compromised, so how can we do to avoid a
>compromised hypervisor from compromising the safety of the data on the
>ceph cluster ?
>Using iscsi ? Using one key-ring per hypervisor ? Anything else ?
>
>Regards,
>
>Florian.

Jan Fajerski
Engineer Enterprise Storage