Re: bluestore osd journal move

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to move the ssd journal for the bluestore osd? I would like to move it from one ssd drive to another.

yes, this question has been asked several times.

Depending on your deployment there are several things to be aware of, maybe you should first read [1] before doing anything.

A couple of months ago we had to replace a failed SSD which held several journals for OSDs. We wrote a blog post [2] about it with a description of the required steps. Please be aware that those steps did work for us, there's no guarantee that they will work for you. Read it very carefully and recheck every step before executing it.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] http://lists.ceph.com/pipermail/ceph-users-ceph.com/2018-February/024913.html [2] http://heiterbiswolkig.blogs.nde.ag/2018/04/08/migrating-bluestores-block-db/

Zitat von Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to move the ssd journal for the bluestore osd? I would like to move it from one ssd drive to another.

Thanks