Re: Delay Between Writing Data and that Data being available for reading?

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the file is stored on CephFS.

Accessed using ceph client

Everything is a basic install following the ceph-deploy guide

Note sure what details would be helpful…

The file is written to by a webserver (apache)

The file is accessed by the webserver on request of some specific data within the file. The webserver will fetch the file from the local OS i.e. file://some_file, which in turn is fetched from the cephfs.

An observation, if I tell the webserver to make a web request to itself to fetch the file (http://localhost/etc), then I don’t have the problem.

# mount | grep ceph

mon-1:6789,mon-2:6789,mon-3:6789:/ on /mnt/ceph type ceph (rw,noatime,name=admin,secret=<hidden>,acl)

# rpm -qa | grep ceph

libcephfs2-13.2.1-0.el7.x86_64

python-cephfs-13.2.1-0.el7.x86_64

ceph-common-13.2.1-0.el7.x86_64

# ceph --version

ceph version 13.2.1 (5533ecdc0fda920179d7ad84e0aa65a127b20d77) mimic (stable)

Regards,

Tom