Re: CephFS "authorize" on erasure-coded FS

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:31 PM Виталий Филиппов <vitalif@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently tried to setup a user for CephFS running on a pair of
> replicated+erasure pools, but after I ran
>
> ceph fs authorize ecfs client.samba / rw
>
> The "client.samba" user could only see listings, but couldn't read or
> write any files. I've tried to look in logs and to raise the debug level
> and I've seen no clues about this problem.
>
> However, when I then modified its caps with:
>
> ceph auth caps client.samba mds 'allow rw' mon 'allow r' osd 'allow rw tag
> cephfs data=ecfs, allow rw pool=ecpool'
>
> Everything went OK and the user gained read-write access to files.
>
> Does that mean there's a bug in CephFS caps that prevents users from
> reading or writing to an FS running on a EC pool?

This appears to be a bug in the add_data_pool command, that is not
setting the right metadata on the pool, so the capability isn't
recognising it as part of the filesystem.

Ticket+patch here: http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/36028

You can work around this using "osd pool application set <poolname>
is your filesystem name.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

John