RBD Map and CEPH Replication question

Hi There,

We are using a rbd mapped image as a NFS backend(XFS) and sharing to NFS clients.
This setup has been working fine.

Now we need to replicate this image to second cluster on the campus.
For replication to work, we need exclusive-lock and journaling feature to be enabled.

If we enable exclusive-lock, we can't map the device further with "rbd map" as  rdb map wants the exclusive-lock to be removed.

So my question is, can we replicate the image which are mapped via RBD? If someone has done this previously, can you please share your experience?

If not then, is there any plan to add this feature to replicate the block images mapped by RBD?
We are using 10.2.10 on Ubuntu.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Thanks,
-Vikas