Re: cephfs is growing up rapidly

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:25 AM Zhenshi Zhou <deaderzzs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a ceph cluster of version 12.2.5 on centos7.
>
> I created 3 pools, 'rbd' for rbd storage, as well as 'cephfs_data'
> and 'cephfs_meta' for cephfs. Cephfs is used for backing up by
> rsync and volumes mounting by docker.
>
> The size of backup files is 3.5T. Besides, docker use less than
> 60G spaces. 'cephfs df' shows no more than 3.6T at first. But the
> used size is 3.9T now. And according to my observation, the used
> size (cephfs df) is growing 60-100G everyday. As I check the origin
> files, the whole size is almost the same size as the beginning does.
>
> Does anybody encounter the same issue?

Presumably your workload is deleting the previous backup before
creating a new one?

The most similar sounding bug is http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/24533,
where the deletion path could get stuck.  You can check your MDS logs
for errors to see if it's the same.

You can also look at the MDS performance counters (`ceph daemon
mds.<id> perf dump`) and show us the "num_strays" fields and the
purge_queue section.

John