Not all pools are equal, but why

Hi List,

TL;DR: what application types are compatible with each other concerning
Ceph Pools?

I.e. is it safe to mix "RBD" pool with (some) native librados objects?

RBD / RGW / Cephfs all have their own pools. Since luminous release
there is this "application tag" to (somewhere in the future) prevent certain
applications from using non-compatible pools. I want to understand what
it is that makes them incompatible. In the end it's all objects that get
written into RADOS. Is it overlapping "namespaces" of objects?

I want to avoid "pool sprawl". Pools need PGs, and although it might be
possible to have that "auto-tuned" in the future (pgsplit / pgmerge) it
is necessarily a good thing to have many pools.

One more question: would "namespace" support (like librados / libcephfs
already have) solve the need for seperate pools entirely if it would be
implemented everywhere (librdb, librmb, etc.)?

Thanks,

Stefan