Re: upgrade jewel to luminous with ec + cache pool

Yes, migrating to 12.2.8 is fine. Migrating to not use the cache tier is as simple as changing the ec pool mode to allow EC over writes, changing the cache tier mode to forward, flushing the tier, and removing it. Basically once you have EC over writes just follow the steps in the docs for removing a cache tier.