Mixing EC and Replicated pools on HDDs in Ceph RGW Luminous

Hi all,

I am setting up RadosGW and Ceph cluster on Luminous. I am using EC for `buckets.data` pool on HDD osds, is it okay to put `buckets.non-ec` pool with replicated ruleset for multi-parts upload on the same HDD osds? Will there be issues with mixing EC and replicated pools on the same disk types?

We have a use case where users will upload large files up to 1TB each and unable to fit this pool into our metada NVMe SSD osds. My assumption on `buckets.non-ec` pool is that the objects on this pool will get cleared once the whole file is upload and transferred over to the EC pool. Is my understanding correct?

Best regards,

Nhat Ngo | Ops Engineer

University of Melbourne, 3010, VIC