Re: help needed

If it helps, I’m seeing about a 3GB DB usage for a 3TB OSD about 60% full. This is with a pure RBD workload, I believe this can vary depending on what your Ceph use case is.

From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Turner
Sent: 06 September 2018 14:09
To: Muhammad Junaid <junaid.fsd.pk@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: help needed

The official ceph documentation recommendations for a db partition for a 4TB bluestore osd would be 160GB each.

Samsung Evo Pro is not an Enterprise class SSD. A quick search of the ML will allow which SSDs people are using.

As was already suggested, the better option is an HBA as opposed to a raid controller. If you are set on your controllers, write-back is fine as long as you have BBU. Otherwise you should be using write-through.