ceph-fuse using excessive memory

Hi cephers,

Every so often we have a ceph-fuse process that grows to rather large size (up to eating up the whole memory of the machine).  Here is an example of a 200GB RSS size ceph-fuse instance:

# ceph daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-client.admin.asok dump_mempools
{
    "bloom_filter": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluestore_alloc": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluestore_cache_data": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluestore_cache_onode": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluestore_cache_other": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluestore_fsck": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluestore_txc": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluestore_writing_deferred": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluestore_writing": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "bluefs": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "buffer_anon": {
        "items": 51534897,
        "bytes": 207321872398
    },
    "buffer_meta": {
        "items": 64,
        "bytes": 5632
    },
    "osd": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "osd_mapbl": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "osd_pglog": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "osdmap": {
        "items": 28593,
        "bytes": 431872
    },
    "osdmap_mapping": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "pgmap": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "mds_co": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "unittest_1": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "unittest_2": {
        "items": 0,
        "bytes": 0
    },
    "total": {
        "items": 51563554,
        "bytes": 207322309902
    }
}

The general cache size looks like this (if it is helpful I can put a whole cache dump somewhere):

# ceph daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-client.admin.asok dump_cache | grep path | wc -l
84085
# ceph daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-client.admin.asok dump_cache | grep name | wc -l
168186

Any ideas what 'buffer_anon' is and what could be eating up the 200GB of RAM?

We are running with a few ceph-fuse specific parameters increased in ceph.conf:

# Default:      16384
client_cache_size = 262144

# Default:      104857600 (100MB)
client_oc_max_dirty = 536870912

# Default:      1000
client_oc_max_objects = 8192

# Default:      209715200 (200 MB)
client_oc_size = 2147483640

# Default:      0 (unlimited)
#client_readahead_max_bytes = 67108864

# Description:  Set the number of file layout periods (object size * number of stripes) that the kernel reads ahead. Overrides the client_readahead_max_bytes setting.
# Default:      4
client_readahead_max_periods = 64

# Default:      131072 (128KB)
client_readahead_min = 4194304

We are running a 12.2.7 ceph cluster, and the cluster is otherwise healthy.

Any hints would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Andras