Re: Ceph-Deploy error on 15/71 stage

Hi Eugen.

Just tried everything again here by removing the /sda4 partitions and letting it so that either salt-run proposal-populate or salt-run state.orch ceph.stage.configure could try to find the free space on the partitions to work with: unsuccessfully again. :(

Just to make things clear: are you so telling me that it is completely impossible to have a ceph "volume" in non-dedicated devices, sharing space with, for instance, the nodes swap, boot or main partition?

And so the only possible way to have a functioning ceph distributed filesystem working would be by having in each node at least one disk dedicated for the operational system and another, independent disk dedicated to the ceph filesystem?

That would be a awful drawback in our plans if real, but if there is no other way, we will have to just give up. Just, please, answer this two questions clearly, before we capitulate?  :(

Anyway, thanks a lot, once again,

Jones