Re: BlueStore options in ceph.conf not being used

 In my case I am using the same values for lvcreate and in the ceph.conf (bluestore* settings).  Since my lvs are the size I want the db to be, and since I'm told that the wal will live in the same place automatically, it sounds like setting my lv to be xGB ensures Ceph will use all of this for db/wal automatically?

 Thanks

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 2:09 PM Alfredo Deza <adeza@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 2:48 PM, David Turner <drakonstein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The config settings for DB and WAL size don't do anything.  For journal
> sizes they would be used for creating your journal partition with ceph-disk,
> but ceph-volume does not use them for creating bluestore OSDs.  You need to
> create the partitions for the DB and WAL yourself and supply those
> partitions to the ceph-volume command.  I have heard that they're working on
> this for future releases, but currently those settings don't do anything.

This is accurate, ceph-volume as of the latest release doesn't do any
with them because it doesn't create these for the user.

We are getting close on getting that functionality rolled out, but not
ready unless you are using master (please don't use master :))