Re: missing dependecy in ubuntu packages

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 6:50 PM Alfredo Daniel Rezinovsky
<alfredo.rezinovsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20/08/18 06:44, John Spray wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 9:21 PM Alfredo Daniel Rezinovsky
> > <alfredo.rezinovsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> both in ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 ceph-mgr fail to starts when package
> >> python-routes is not installed
> > I guess you mean that the dashboard doesn't work, as opposed to the
> > whole ceph-mgr process not starting?  If it's the latter that's
> > worrying...
> Yes, is the dashboard, not the whole mgr
> >
> > As far as I can tell, the dashboard doesn't actually use the routes
> > package itself.  I wonder if there is another dependency that uses
> > routes, and that dependency's packaging has a missing dependency on
> > routes?  If you look in the ceph-mgr log you should see a backtrace
> > somewhere that would show which piece of code is trying to use the
> > routes module.
> the ceph status shows
>
> "Module 'dashboard' has failed: No module named routes"
>
> and installing python-routes fixes it.

Right, that's the dashboard taking the first line of a python
exception and exposing it as a health message.  However, the actual
exception may have originated in some other module that the dashboard
is using, rather than from the dashboard code itself.  So if you can
search your ceph-mgr log to find the backtrace (just search for the
first instance of "No module named routes"), then hopefully we can see
which piece of code is at fault.

Cheers,
John