Re: Ceph-mon MTU question

On the same network, all host shall have the same MTU

Packets truncating can only happen on routers

Let say you have an OSD with mtu 9000, and a mon with mtu 1500

Communications from mon to osd will works, because the mon will send
1500 bytes-sized packets, and this is < 9000

However, communications from osd to mon will be drop, because the osd
will send 9000 bytes-sized packets, which will be dropped by the switch

I do not know if there is osd -> mon traffic
Yet such configuration will clearly be bug-prone