Re: Slow rbd reads (fast writes) with luminous + bluestore

Le 13/08/2018 à 16:44, Emmanuel Lacour a écrit :
Le 13/08/2018 à 16:29, Jason Dillaman a écrit :

For such a small benchmark (2 GiB), I wouldn't be surprised if you are not just seeing the Filestore-backed OSDs hitting the page cache for the reads whereas the Bluestore-backed OSDs need to actually hit the disk. Are the two clusters similar in terms of the numbers of HDD-backed OSDs?

I looked at iostat on both cluster when running fio and yes, on new cluster I see disks reads, but not with old cluster, everything comes from page cache.

So is there a way to simulate page cache for bluestore, or on rbd side?

seems it has been discussed already here: https://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg45321.html

but one question remain ... which kind of memory tuning should we do on bluestore to get better use of osd memory?