Re: osd.X down, but it is still running on Luminous

Hi,

could you be hitting the bug from [1]? Watch out for segfaults in dmesg.
Since a couple of days we see random OSDs with a segfault from safe_timer. We didn't update any packages for months.

Regards

[1] https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/23352

Zitat von Rudenko Aleksandr <ARudenko@xxxxxxx>:

Hi, guys.

After upgrade on Luminous i see:

Monitor daemon marked osd.xx down, but it is still running

this happens 3-5 times a day on different OSDs.

I spent a lot of time on debug but i haven’t found problem.

Network works perfectly. CPU, network and disk utilization is low. Memory is enough.

Maybe deep-scrub, but we have following config:

osd scrub sleep = 0.2
osd scrub chunk min = 1
osd scrub chunk max = 2

and we didn’t see OSD flapping on Hammer and Jewel during scrub.