Bluestore OSD Segfaults (12.2.5/12.2.7)

Hi all,

We have recently begun switching over to Bluestore on our Ceph cluster, currently on 12.2.7. We first began encountering segfaults on Bluestore during 12.2.5, but strangely these segfaults apply exclusively to our SSD pools and not the PCIE/HDD disks. We upgraded to 12.2.7 last week to get clear of the issues known within 12.2.6 and hoping it may address our bluestore issues, but to no avail, and upgrading to mimic is not feasible for us right away as this is a production environment.

I have attached one of the OSD logs which are experiencing the segfault, as well as the recommended command to interpret the debug information. Unfortunately at present due to the 403 I am unable to open a bug tracker for this.

OSD Log: https://transfer.sh/AYQ8Y/ceph-osd.123.log
OSD Binary debug: https://transfer.sh/FOiLv/ceph-osd-123-binary.txt.tar.gz

The disks in use are Intel DC S3710s 800G.

These OSDs were previously filestore and fully operational, and the procedure for migrating these was to as usual mark as out, await recovery, zap and redeploy. We further used DD to ensure the disk was fully wiped and performed smartctl tests to rule out errors with the disk performance, but were unable to find any faults.

What may be unusual is only some of the SSDs are encountering this segfault so far. On one host where we have 8 OSDs, only 2 of these are hitting the segfaults so far. However, we have noticed the new OSDs are considerably more temperamental to be marked as down despite minimal load.

Any advice anyone could offer on this would be great.

Kind Regards,

Tom