Re: cephfs kernel client hangs

Hi Burkhard,
Files located in /sys/kernel/debug/ceph/<some id> are all new files generated after I reboot the server.
The clients were in blacklist and I manully remove them from the blacklist. But the clients hung still.

Thanks

Burkhard Linke <Burkhard.Linke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 于2018年8月7日周二 下午4:54写道:
Hi,

you are using the kernel implementation of CephFS. In this case some
information can be retrieved from the /sys/kernel/debug/ceph/<some id>
directory. Especially the mdsc, monc and osdc files are important, since
they contain pending operations on mds, mon and osds.

We have a similar problem in our setup. If a MDS failover happens, some
clients (like 1 in 100 clients) do not react to the MDS map change and
keep on trying to contact the old MDS. In this case the msdc file in the
above mentioned directory lists from outstanding requests to the old MDS.

I would propose to start by having a look at these files and also at the
ceph client blacklist ('ceph osd blacklist ls').

Regards,

Burkhard