Re: Fwd: down+peering PGs, can I move PGs from one OSD to another

>You can export and import PG's using ceph_objectstore_tool, but if the osd
>won't start you may have trouble exporting a PG.

I believe the very purpose of ceph-objectstore-tool is to manipulate OSDs
while they aren't running.

If the crush map says these PGs that are on the broken OSD belong on another
OSD (which I guess it ought to, since the OSD is out), ceph-objecstore-tool is
what you would use to move them over there manually, since ordinary peering
can't do it.

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California