Re: Reset Object ACLs in RGW

On 08/02/2018 07:35 AM, Thomas White wrote:
Hi all,

At present I have a cluster with a user on the RGW who has lost access to many of his files. The bucket has the correct ACL to be accessed by the account and so with their access and secret key many items can be listed, but are unable to be downloaded.

Is there a way of using the radosgw-admin tool to reset (or set) ACLs on individual files or recursively across bucket objects to restore access for them?

Kind Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I don't think radosgw-admin can do this. But you can create a system user (radosgw-admin user create --system ...) which overrides permission checks, and use it to issue s3 operations to manipulate the acls.

Casey