Re: Mgr cephx caps to run `ceph fs status`?

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 3:36 AM Linh Vu <vul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I want a non-admin client to be able to run `ceph fs status`, either via the ceph CLI or a python script. Adding `mgr "allow *"` to this client's cephx caps works, but I'd like to be more specific if possible. I can't find the complete list of mgr cephx caps anywhere, so if you could point me in the right direction, that'd be great!

Both mgr and mon caps have an "allow command" syntax that lets you
restrict users to specific named commands (and even specific
arguments).  Internally, the mgr and the mon use the same code to
intepret capabilities.

I just went looking for the documentation for those mon caps and it
appears not to exist!

Anyway, in your case it's something like this:

mgr "allow command \"fs status\""

I don't think I've ever tested this on a mgr daemon, so let us know
how you get on.

John