Re: ceph lvm question

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 12:44 AM, Satish Patel <satish.txt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have simple question i want to use LVM with bluestore (Its
> recommended method), If i have only single SSD disk for osd in that
> case i want to keep journal + data on same disk so how should i create
> lvm to accommodate ?

bluestore doesn't have a journal like filestore, but probably you mean
block.db ? The naming conventions are different.

In the case of bluestore, what you are describing doesn't require to
have split LVs for each OSD component. You can simply do this:

    ceph-volume lvm create --bluestore --data /dev/sdb

Behind the scenes, ceph-volume will create the vg/lv for /dev/sdb and
get everything working