Error creating compat weight-set with mgr balancer plugin

Hi,

I'm having an issue with enabling the mgr balancer plugin, properly because a misunderstanding in the fundamentals of the crush algorithm. I hope the list can help, thanks.

I've enabled the plugin itself and automatic balancing. The mode is set to crush-compat and my minimum compatible client is set to jewel.

The mgr daemon throws me the following error: mgr[balancer] Error creating compat weight-set

Creating a compat weight set manually with 'ceph osd crush weight-set create-compat' gives me: Error EPERM: crush map contains one or more bucket(s) that are not straw2

What changes do I need to implement to get the mgr balancer plugin working? Thank.

Please let me know if I need to elaborate.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Martin Overgaard Hansen
System Consultant

Rudolfgårdsvej 1 B
DK-8260 Viby J
T: (+45) 8734 1334
M: (+45) 3021 4430
www.multihouse.dk

MultiHouse Hosting A/S is a part of ecit.com