Reclaim free space on RBD images that use Bluestore?????

I have XenServers that connect via iSCSI to Ceph gateway servers that use lrbd and targetcli. On my ceph cluster the RBD images I create are used as storage repositories in Xenserver for the virtual machine vdisks.

Whenever I delete a virtual machine, XenServer shows that the repository size has decreased. This also happens when I mount a virtual drive in Xenserver as a virtual drive in a Windows guest. If I delete a large file, such as an exported VM, it shows as deleted and space available. However; when check in Ceph  using ceph –s or ceph df it still shows the space being used.

I checked everywhere and it seems there was a reference to it here https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/14727 but not sure if a way to trim or discard freed blocks was ever implemented.

The only way I have found is to play musical chairs and move the VMs to different repositories and then completely remove the old RBD images in ceph. This is not exactly easy to do.

Is there a way to reclaim free space on RBD images that use Bluestore????? What commands do I use and where do I use this from? If such command exist do I run them on the ceph cluster or do I run them from XenServer? Please help.

Sean