Re: JBOD question

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 4:01 PM, Satish Patel <satish.txt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I never used JBOD mode before and now i am planning so i have stupid
> question if i switch RAID controller to JBOD mode in that case how
> does my OS disk will get mirror?
>
> Do i need to use software raid for OS disk when i use JBOD mode?

I have recently deployed a couple of Proxmox nodes with ZFS RAID1 boot
disk and it seems to work quite well.  This is a link on how to
replace a failed disk:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/ZFS:_Tips_and_Tricks#Replacing_a_failed_disk_in_the_root_pool

I like the fact that a failed drive will be reported to the OS, which
is not always the case with hardware RAID controllers.
--
Alex Gorbachev
Storcium