From: Satish Patel [mailto:satish.txt@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: vrijdag 20 juli 2018 13:00
To: Eugen Block
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Converting to BlueStore, and external journal
devices

What is the use of LVM in blurstore, I have seen people using LVM but
don't know why ?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 19, 2018, at 10:00 AM, Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> if you have SSDs for RocksDB, you should provide that in the command
(--block.db $DEV), otherwise Ceph will use the one provided disk for all
data and RocksDB/WAL.
> Before you create that OSD you probably should check out the help page
for that command, maybe there are more options you should be aware of,
e.g. a separate WAL on NVMe.