Re: Need advice on Ceph design

Thanks Sebastien,

Let me answer all of your question which i missed out, Let me tell you
this is first cluster so i have no idea what would be best or worst
here, also you said we don't need SSD Journal for BlueStore but i
heard people saying  WAL/RockDB required SSD, can you explain?

If i have SATA 500GB 7.5k HDD in that case running journal WAL/RockDB
on same OSD disk will slowdown right?

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 2:42 PM, Sébastien VIGNERON
<sebastien.vigneron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is your expected workload? VMs, primary storage, backup, objects storage, ...?

All VMs only ( we are running openstack and all i need HA solution
live migration etc)

> How many disks do you plan to put in each OSD node?

6 Disk per OSD node ( I have Samsung 850 EVO Pro 500GB  & SATA 500GB 7.5k)

> How many CPU cores? How many RAM per nodes?

2.9GHz  (32 core in /proc/cpuinfo)

> Ceph access protocol(s): CephFS, RBD or objects?

RBD only

> How do you plan to give access to the storage to you client? NFS, SMB, CephFS, ...?

Openstack Nova / Cinder

> Replicated pools or EC pools? If EC, k and m factors?

I didn't thought of it, This is first cluster so don't know what would be best.

> What OS (for ceph nodes and clients)?

CentOS7.5  (Linux)