Re: multisite and link speed

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 10:16 AM, Robert Stanford
<rstanford8896@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I have ceph clusters in a zone configured as active/passive, or
> primary/backup.  If the network link between the two clusters is slower than
> the speed of data coming in to the active cluster, what will eventually
> happen?  Will data pool on the active cluster until memory runs out?

The primary zone does not queue up changes in memory to push to other
zones. Instead, the sync process on the backup zone reads updates from
the primary zone. Sync will make as much progress as the link allows,
but if the primary cluster is constantly ingesting data at a higher
rate, the backup cluster will fall behind.