Re: resize wal/db

Hi,

There is no way to resize DB while OSD is running. There is a bit shorter "unofficial" but risky way than redeploying OSD though. But you'll need to tag specific OSD out for a while in any case. You will also need either additional free partition(s) or initial deployment had to be done using LVMs.

See this blog for morr details. http://heiterbiswolkig.blogs.nde.ag/2018/04/08/migrating-bluestores-block-db/

just for clarification: we did NOT resize the block.db in the described procedure! We used the exact same block size for the new lvm based block.db as it was before. This is also mentioned in the article.

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Igor Fedotov <ifedotov@xxxxxxx>:

Hi Zhang,

There is no way to resize DB while OSD is running. There is a bit shorter "unofficial" but risky way than redeploying OSD though. But you'll need to tag specific OSD out for a while in any case. You will also need either additional free partition(s) or initial deployment had to be done using LVMs.

See this blog for morr details. http://heiterbiswolkig.blogs.nde.ag/2018/04/08/migrating-bluestores-block-db/

And I advise to try such things at non-production cluster first.

Thanks,

Igor