Re: CephFS - How to handle "loaded dup inode" errors

Hi John,

On Tue, 2018-07-10 at 10:11 +0100, John Spray wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 12:43 AM Linh Vu <vul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > We're affected by something like this right now (the dup inode
> > causing MDS to crash via assert(!p) with add_inode(CInode)
> > function).
> >
> > In terms of behaviours, shouldn't the MDS simply skip to the next
> > available free inode in the event of a dup, than crashing the
> > entire FS because of one file? Probably I'm missing something but
> > that'd be a no brainer picking between the two?
> Historically (a few years ago) the MDS asserted out on any invalid
> metadata.  Most of these cases have been picked up and converted into
> explicit damage handling, but this one appears to have been missed --
> so yes, it's a bug that the MDS asserts out.

I have followed the disaster recovery and now all my files and
directories in CephFS which complained about duplicate inodes
disappeared from my FS. I see *some* data in "lost+found", but thats
only a part of it. Is there any way to retrieve those missing files?